Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pictures!

Ugandan's have the hardest time saying my name. Every Ugandan that I have told my name to thinks my name is holy. In there accent holy and holly sound exactly the same. It's quite funny. To this moment, some of the people I have met still think my name is holy, it just got too hard explaining. Some of them wouldn't even attempt to say it because they knew they would mess up. I would have never thought it. It's quite intertaining.
Oh, and now the moment you've been waiting for!!! I'm actually posting pictures!!! Sorry for the delay =)




This is my house!! I like the little blue square in the front best. I also realized after the first downpour why the roof is so slanty. The rain is seriously intense here, I love it =)






My room! And Roommate! Well half of her. Joy is amazing! We've had some pretty good times in this room. Like the fact that if you have to go to bathroom in the night.... you can't go outside... we made our own toilet =)







I told you I was an African at heart! I held it for like a minute!! That feels like a lot longer than it sounds.





This was our first meal in Uganda. My first hard boiled egg ever! and bread with just butter on it. But actually it's not bad, we have it all the time here. The eggs and banana's are so much better here than in the US, they really do taste different. And the eggs, they have white yokes, they aren't yellow. It's crazy.



Sorry, these pictures aren't really in order. But the Equator!! I would have checked to see which way the water flushed but... it's rare that the toilets here flush, if they even have the ability. So I guess you could say it just went straight down =)

This weekend we are going to Jinja and we'll see the mouth of the Nile River!! I think we even get to swim in it!! We get to swim somewhere, I'm not sure.

And oh my goodness, if any of you ever go to Africa, bring anti ich cream!!!! Since we just wear skirts and sandals all the time my legs and ankles so just covered in these horrible bug bites. I have them on the bottom of my foot! It's horrible. The mosquitos here are so creative, the seek out the most horrific spots to bite you and then go crazy. I have like the hugest bite on the side of my butt as well, it's just dreadful. I don't know if Africans are just used to it or what, but I never see them scratching or anything. Maybe white skin is thinner and easier to bite, I don't know. But I'm bitten everywhere. Anti ich cream is essencial. I definietely recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. You're just genetically delicious! Lindsay is too. Sorry = (

    ReplyDelete